Tuesday, March 4, 2014

you got me twisted: mama elephant designer spotlight

Hi there! I'm on the mama elephant blog today, showing off a fun card with the new "origami" stamp set.

For some reason, the retro vibe I got from "sketchy letters" and the images from "origami" had me creating a papercrafted version of the 90's Keith Sweat hit, You Got Me Twisted:

you got me twisted.


Did you leave to google the song? ha.

Each origami bird was paper pieced from patterned paper.  I double-cut some of the pieces, to give the card a fantastic 3D look.  Because the birds are floating on the card, I grounded each image by tracing a gray outline around each one.

I love making my own, custom sentiments.  In this case, I pieced together the words "you got me" from different sentiments found in the "True Friend" set, another great new release.  The sketchy letters highlighted "twisted" which I thought worked so well with the twisted paper origami images.

you got me twisted.

I hope you like it!

4 comments:

  1. It's so so beautiful, Elena!!! LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is wonderful, Elena! (I had to google the song.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect! Love the shading and all that fussy cutting and dimension!

    ReplyDelete