Monday, March 3, 2014

Bling it!

It's time for a new lawnscaping challenge!



I was pinterest-inspired for this card, and put my new lawn fawn dies to use:

bling-y clouds


This card came together in half a snap.  I masked off sections of the clouds and sponged pink and blue inks. I sprinkled gold glitter on one segment of each cloud, and made it rain gold drops. The sentiment (from Studio Calico) is perfect, and gold-heat-embossed.

bling-y clouds

I mounted everything onto a journaling card die, and then onto a polka dot notecard.  I love those new lawn fawn notecards!

But here's the question: does it bother anyone else (or just me) that the golds are all a bit different in their tones? bah. I always notice these little things, mostly when I'm done editing the photos, and it bothers me. They have a word for that, my husband says... ha.

I really love everything else about this card.

If you think you can do better (and you probably can) join us for this lawnscaping challenge! You could win a prize from Simon Says Stamp!


♥.


19 comments:

  1. Elena! Wonderful job with the clouds and the glitter--I adore how you tied it all together! I really need this sentiment...it is my slogan! Do you have a link to where I can find it at SC? My email is kigeramie (at) sbcglobal (dot) net if you have a chance to shoot me a message. Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kind of totally love this. So pretty, the gold is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore this card! WOW! So cute with all that sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the bling on your card esp. the awesome sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, this is so fabulous, Elena! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH, the COLORS! Seriously. Amazing. The bit of gold... just wow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card!! Love the pink, white, grey colours together. And what a clever idea to colour the clouds and add the gold glitter....genius!!! Had a quick look at your other cards too, they are amazing, so I'm subscribing to your blog right now so I don't miss anything else!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card - love those clouds!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this color palette, beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. GORGEOUS! I love everything about this. And I know what you mean, such things bother me, too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes husbands have many words to describe our scrutiny! Love the clouds and all that gold.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This card is gorgeous! Love the sentiment and everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. what a beautiful card!! love the color combo and the gold bling is just awesome

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is just plain jaw dropping...I just adore it!! The bits of glitter are the perfect touch, and I just love that sentiment. I wish SC would order more of their stamps & sell them separately. Sigh- a girl can wish. Lol!! Amazing job, girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey Elena! I'm going through old cards I have saved on my Feedly account, and I came across this one. I ADORE it, and it's totally getting pinned :)

    I also noticed that on the same day, Julie Ebersole posted similar clouds! So strange!
    http://ellenhutson.typepad.com/the_classroom_new/2014/03/hello-monday-03032014.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, Jen! and I know! i did a double-take when I saw Julie's cards the same day! I thought I was gonna be so original with this one, haha. funny how that happens!

      Delete