Wednesday, March 19, 2014

ahoy! {lawn fawn inspiration week}

It's the last day of lawn fawn's March inspiration week.  Have you enjoyed it this month?  Today, we're showcasing the 4x3 set, float my boat with its matching dies.

ahoy! {lawn fawn inspiration week}


I have to admit that I love this card.  I started out by clear-embossing the starry background, and then rubbing blue distress inks over the entire panel.  It created the perfect backdrop for my boat, the wavy panel, and my striped ahoy.  I keep using those Christmas papers! Red and white stripes are good for so many occasions.

For a finishing touch, I added a wood veneer anchor (I think it's by studio calico,) held in place by some red and white twine.

I hope you like it! There's more to see on the lawn fawn blog today.

ETA: I'm linking this card up to my friend Taheerah's weekly Cure for the Monday Blues challenge. What a great inspiration photo!



♥.

6 comments:

  1. Wonderful card, Elena! I love the red and white stripes and the starry sky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a FUN card!!! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet! I love the stars and the anchor!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE this Elena (well, I love Everything you do (-: ) - such a perfect design and so pretty and sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card. It never occurred to me you could emboss and then ink over it! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 110% adorable - from that cute little boat with the wood veneer anchor to that awesome background and those striped letters that I just can't stop staring out!! So awesome!! Thanks so much for playing to find a Cure For The Monday Blues!

    ReplyDelete