Saturday, August 5, 2017

Orange you glad party (for Lawn Fawn)

Hi there!

Every year when my older kiddos come home from camp, I try to have a surprise waiting for them.  This is their 3 year as sleep-away campers, and I love baking and decorating a little something to show how much we missed them.

Their first year, I welcomed them home with a watermelon party.

Their second year, it was an owl theme.

This year, we got a little punny with an ORANGE YOU GLAD! themed-party.

Orange you glad party (for Lawn Fawn)

I used Lawn Fawn products to create all of the paperie for this party, including the backdrop, which was a breeze to make!

To set the theme, I used alphabet stamps to create a party sign:

Orange you glad party (for Lawn Fawn)

From there, everything on the table supported the orange theme. There were orange colored and flavored gummies and candies that I popped into little store-bought treat boxes (I had those leftover from last fall!)

Orange you glad party (for Lawn Fawn)


I sliced up a few oranges and slid them into milk bottles for an extra pop of color. The striped straws only needed some die-cut leaves to carry the orange theme!

Orange you glad party (for Lawn Fawn)

I found these perfect little orange slice pouches at Michaels on liquidation for a dollar each. So good, right? I created a little tag, colored the centers orange and added another leaf.

Orange you glad party (for Lawn Fawn)


The cake was my labor of love for the week. I followed this recipe from The Cake Blog and it was delicious. My parents and in-laws especially loved it. My kids said: so good, but next time something with chocolate, ok? ha.

Orange you glad party (for Lawn Fawn)

I created a simple, but effective cake topper using a circle die and a set of leaf dies. I hand-cut a brown stem, and added some accents using a brown copic marker.

Hop on over to the Lawn Fawn blog to see how I used the negative circle and leaf die-cuts to create a sponged orange backdrop. As I was setting up, my sister asked where I got the perfect orange wrapping paper - woot! She thought it was store-bought and it took under 30 minutes to pull together.

Thanks for stopping by!

♥.

1 comment:

  1. Very summery indeed. Love those little orange slice pouches. Clever you!

    ReplyDelete