Monday, August 21, 2017

Lawn Fawn August inspiration week

Hi there!

I fudged up a bit yesterday and forgot to schedule my Lawn Fawn inspiration week post. We were driving home from VA beach, where our family has enjoyed sun and sand and ocean water. Man, I could retire there. I wish it were closer than a 12 hour car ride away!

I'll share my projects from yesterday and today in this one post.  Today, we're showing off the new  Stitched Woodgrain Backdrop die. I can't even begin to tell you how much I love it.

IMG_5539b


I used it with another new die, Shut The Front Door. I added a few pumpkins to the stoop, and when you open up the door...

IMG_5542c


You find this little guy waiting with a fresh pie. He is from the new Forest Feast set, and the pie is from Holiday Party Animal.

Since I'm intent on woodgrain-ing all the things, I couldn't help but try and add that great texture to a trio of tiny boxes:

IMG_5553


You can see, from the box at the top, that the woodgrain doesn't quite line up (that is, you have to run the cover-plate through a few times to get the whole box to have the woodgrain look.) But I did get better at it after that first one. I think they look so sweet.

That takes care of today's projects! From yesterday, I should have posted to show you this set of easy pumpkin tags:

lawn fawn august inspiration week


I used the new Fall Tiny Tags, and layered the pumpkins. The black layer is whole - I didn't run it through the die-cutter with the face. I did that only on the top orange layer, so that the face didn't look hollow. I like the depth that it gives.

Also on the Lawn Fawn blog yesterday, this box was featured:

Lawn Fawn sneak peek week


It features images from Costume Party onto the new Gift Box. It's such a great size! I love that I could create a whole scene on the outside of the box.

Lawn Fawn sneak peek week

Thanks for stopping by!

♥.

2 comments: