Saturday, February 2, 2013

Gradient knits {saturday creations}

A little two-fer today.

I'm stamping a little assignment for the Clean and Simple card-making class...


...and getting some help from Precious Remembrance to make it happen.

The assignment on day 3 was to use 3 ink pads to stamp a gradient pattern:

gradient knits.


I used 3 different hero arts ink pads: raspberry jam, bubble gum, and soft pink.

Starting at the bottom, I stamped in the raspberry jam, and, without wiping the stamp clean, I added some bubble gum ink before stamping down again.  The idea is to create "in between colors" and have a whole spectrum of different shades, all with 3 ink pads.  

By the way, I actually own a similar sweater :)  Just a Saturday morning fun-fact.  A few more, about the card:

- I stamped onto a vintage white cardstock, so that there are fleckles all over.  All of my knits have lint and pilled fibers all over, so I thought my stamped version should too.
- once I finished the stamping, I embossed a very subtle texture onto the sweater, to make it look more like a soft fabric.
- the sweater is a die (from Papertrey Ink) and I could have die-cut the sweater as the base layer of my card, but I liked the look of sticking it onto a card-base.  Plus, there was less stress involved in trying out this new technique: if I messed up, only half the amount of cardstock was wasted.  And I did waste one sweater in the process, ha.
- I added the super cute Precious Remembrance sentiment, from our Thanks stamp set, in a dark brown ink, and added another wood veneer heart.  I'm pretty sure I'll be using them all up at the rate I'm going *wink*

gradient knits.

Happy weekend, all!

20 comments:

  1. Oh how I {heart} this Elena. It's so beautiful and your gradient stamping came out perfectly!! And now I have to check out that stamp set as I love that sentiment, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely Elena - I'm getting closer and closer to ordering all those hero arts inks - they work so well for this technique. Love the jumper - very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just absolutely GORGEOUS! Makes me want to have a sweater that looks like that!! (:

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sweater card is so adorable! Love the gradient colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooo... good idea to keep the stamped off ink on there when going to your next colour!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your valentine's sweater, and the wooden heart is just the perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a great idea for gradient stamping. I wish I had thought of it! Love the colors, too. I'd like a sweater just like this to wear.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable is right! Awesome gradient stamping!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this super cute sweater. Great idea and technique

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card - I love the sweater *Ü* and congratulations on the sout out in class!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great card, neat idea making a sweater.

    ReplyDelete
  12. From one Elena to another, such a clever card!

    ReplyDelete
  13. eek! This is gorgeous! I love the gradient and the wooden heart :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is adorable, Elena! It's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a super-cute, original take on the gradient stamping class! Fantastic idea!!!

    ReplyDelete