Wednesday, February 27, 2013

We still do! {anniversary party invitation}

Over the weekend, Amar and I celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary.  You know how I like to throw a pretty party, and 10 years married is a milestone, so I couldn't very well let it pass us by without putting a memory marker in there ;)


And, if the love between hubby & I isn't enough (wink), there's a little blog-crush-campaign going on at Damask Love, where we're spreading the love to blogs we admire.

It just so happens that my entire party was styled using (close to) this color scheme:


My blog crush is The little big company.  Their website is a one-stop shop for all things party: straws, favor bags, everything.  But on their blog they feature the most amazing vintage-style parties.  swoon!  

I created an invitation for our anniversary party, which is a huge hint of what's to come (tomorrow - I can't feature everything in this one blog post!)


wedding anniversary invite

I made a square invite, and cut two white doilies that I folded over the invitation details.  A vanilla-colored ribbon added a sweet closing detail.  The backs of the doilies and the vanilla ribbon were hidden with another white card-stock square.  I like how heavy and sturdy this made the whole invitation.

The invitation itself was designed using the basic silhouette program.  I chose a font that would work for welding (keep your eye out for a special banner in tomorrow's post!) and for printing alike.  Keeping that continuity is so important for a put-together party.  (If anyone is curious, I used a free font called "channel" - ooh la la!)

I hope you'll click over to Amber's blog to see how you can "spread the love"!  And I hope you'll come back and check out all of the sweet party details tomorrow.

ps, and for full disclosure: we meant for this to be a chic adults-only party.... but everyone ended showing up at 6pm and with their kids.  Chinese takeout first, fancy-schmancy party after.... because that's how we roll... and I'm so happy it turned out that way ♥

10 comments:

  1. You know how much I swoon over this invite Elena! It's perfect in every single way!! Can't wait to see your party post tomorrow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful. I can't wait to see more!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful invitation! Looking forward to tomorrow's post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this, and the big ampersand watermark! Can't wait to see the whole party!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are my hero in everything party decor related!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the invite! And thanks for sharing the font link. Sounds like you had a great time. My dh and I celebrate 10 years in less than 2 months, too. Can't wait to see the rest of the party!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are beautiful! Any chance, you still have the template?

    ReplyDelete