Tuesday, February 12, 2013

a water-colored smile.

water-colored smile

The PTI festivities are in full swing, and I'm only now joining in (in truth, there are a million household chores I should be doing, but meh - you know how it goes...)  This challenge caught my eye, because water-coloring can take as much or as little time as you want to give it and still look good.

For this card, I stamped each bloom with a dye ink that matched the water-color pencil crayon that I would be using.  I didn't want any harsh-colored borders around my images.  I purposefully bled the colors out of the lines, for that messy water-color look.

water-colored smile

Once the colors went on there (and really, I was very heavy-handed with the brush, so it took no time at all), I splattered some light brown ink over the card (in case you weren't sure if I really wanted it to look messy or not *wink*)  For the sentiment, I die-cut a CSS favor flag and water-colored the bottom only, and then stamped the sentiment (from "happy trails".)  I stamped it in brown ink, and then ghosted the image in a pale blue ink.

In passing, sorry for the sloppy sewing - I think I need to replace the needle ;)

Thanks for stopping by!  If you haven't already, visit my big giveaway post - you can only enter until midnight tonight!

22 comments:

  1. What an absolutely beautiful card!!! Your watercolor effect is just brilliant! And I do LOVE the splatters of brown too!!! The 'messy' sewing just adds to the whole feel of the card if you ask me!!! Just lovely! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love what you did. Everybit of it! Even the sewing. So 'watercolory'.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that seems like a cool paint great possibilities, your card is beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a gorgeous card! I love how you incorporated watercoloring into your card and your sewing is better than my best day...I am more skilled with a seam ripper.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful! I love the softness and the stitching is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! Did you staff the flowers after you did the coloring how did it Not get splotchy?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, this is so pretty, Elena! I love how soft and lovely your card turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is very pretty! Best wishes on winning the contest.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty!! I love all of the variations on the color! I just posted mine too... so many possibilities and new techniques to try!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. such a pretty card...love the soft look the watercolour creates.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so beautiful Elena! Your watercolouring came out awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So very pretty! Love how artistic those flowers turned out!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely gorgeous! Everything about this makes me happy.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Really beautifully done,thanks for sharing..

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous! Love this watercolor bouquet! The slight splatters are just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your card! It is absolutely stunning! I wish I had a sewing machine! It really gives the card a special touch.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow--this is so pretty. You should do this more often.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Amazing! I love this colors!

    ReplyDelete
  19. fabulous and I'd take your "sloppy sewing" any day!

    ReplyDelete