Monday, February 18, 2013

Pink lemonade {lawn fawn inspiration week}

Hi friends!

Happy Monday, and I guarantee it's about to get a little cheerier for you, because we're introducing lawn fawn's "pink lemonade" line of patterned papers.  It's such a bright and happy set!

springtime treat boxes

I made a set of treat boxes, and I called them "springtime treat boxes," because doesn't it just look like I opened up all the windows, put on rain boots, and went to mulch my garden?  Honestly - springtime.

springtime treat boxes

Each treat box was assembled in the same way: I started out with a white box (using the CSS cube die), and just wrapped a length of patterned paper around each one.  Some strategic scoring made it sit nice and tight.

springtime treat boxes

I hope you can see better with the package opened.  I only adhered the bottom of the white box to the patterned paper strip, and, folding the tops, kept it in place with a mini-clothespin.  I think this is such a fun and easy easy way to incorporate your event colors, or party scheme into your favor boxes.

springtime treat boxes

Everyone likes to see what's inside, right?  hee.  I found these organic bunny-shaped chocolate cookies at the grocery store.  Nothing more perfect for Easter, or a spring-themed party!

springtime treat boxes

I kept the decorating very simple, but you can go all out if you want!  I tied bows using our new lawn trimmings, and tucked them under the clothespins.  On the end of the cord, I dangled a little punched heart.  And, my favorite is the one to the left: I punched out a circle and popped up the "e" onto the box base.  Pink and yellow is so fun together, isn't it?

In other news, thank you for all the wonderful birthday wishes!  I had a calm and glorious day.  Mostly because my man made breakfast and dinner.  It was really a day off, and I loved it!  And my new niece?  She's gorgeous, with her full head of hair:




♥.

11 comments:

  1. Oh my SQUEEEE-ness! These are so adorable! What a cute idea. I love the little boxes themselves, too. Might just have to get that die for myself ;) Your photos are fantastic, btw. And Oh, that hair! TOO CUTE! :)

    Luvs,
    Annie Rose

    ReplyDelete
  2. super cute! wow! your niece does have a lot of hair:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are the cutest boxes.....EVER! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh now this I absolutely *adore* Elena!! Perfect little boxes, so bright and fun and cutely packaged up - I just want a little collection of them all lined up in my house!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heck, I wouldn't even need for you to put a treat in those boxes - the boxes themselves are the treat for me! :D
    Hope you had a super duper birthday and your new addition to the family is adorable!
    Hugs!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. SWEET tiny cube boxes all decked out in LEMONADE colors!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Are you kidding me? HOW CUTE ! Love the tiny little favor boxes. Your new niece is just as sweet as can be.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are the queen of treat packaging! I love these! The little heart punches are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your treat boxes...perfect papers for a spring event!
    Loving the pic of your little niece, too...she is precious!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your treat boxes look like Spring ! Great job ....adorable . TFS .

    ReplyDelete
  11. OH LOOK AT THAT SWEET HAIR! Your niece is a doll, Elena~
    I saw your boxes featured and had to stop by and tell you they are SO CUTE!!!

    ReplyDelete