Wednesday, February 27, 2013

We still do! {wedding anniversary party}

we still do {10th anniversary party}

Settle in for a longer-than-normal post :)

I have the photo-proof that my husband, Amar, and I were in the same kindergarten class.  It's the cutest thing in the world to look at our own kindergartner and think that we were that age, in the same class, not knowing where our lives would take us.  I am beyond blessed to have built a love and a family with such an amazing man.

We celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary party this past weekend, with a sweets and champagne party for our closest friends and family.  I shared the party invitations *here* - and used the same design elements (the font, the doilies) throughout the full party.

we still do {10th anniversary party}

Although little, our built-in was the perfect staging area for all the sweets.  I created a doily bunting (made from the CSS doily die), custom prints for the white wall frames, and a "we still do" banner (that one, using the cameo silhouette.)

The drinks station got a dramatic treatment:

we still do {10th anniversary party}

It took a few hours, three sharpies, and part of an ikea roll of white drawing paper (from the kids' section) to write out our vows.  It was a hit with our guests, and made the evening all the most personal and special to us.

we still do {10th anniversary party}

we still do {10th anniversary party}

A huge thanks to Marlyn, of Montreal Confections, for the ah-mazing ruffle cake and beautiful sugar cookies.  Also to Melanie, of Gourmet Shop, for her yummy cheesecakes in jars.

we still do {10th anniversary party}

Do you see the "white chocolate truffles" apothecary jar?  I made little boxes (using *this die*) and stamped each one with a doily before popping a little lindt truffle into each.  They didn't quite match the party decor, but they are my favorite!

we still do {10th anniversary party}

Leftover candy melts, popped into a rose mold, fit perfectly stacked into a skinny flower vase.

we still do {10th anniversary party}

Marlyn's sugar cookies are edible works of art...

10th wedding anniversary

I got a bit cheeky with the little flags on the cake pops: "we did!" and "we still do!" - I put the same flags around the stems of the champagne glasses.

we still do {10th anniversary party}

we still do {10th anniversary party}

we still do {10th anniversary party}

we still do {10th anniversary party}

I could stare at that ruffle cake with the giant peony on top all day long.  And, it tasted as good as it looks!  I didn't do too badly on my cupcakes, either *wink*

we still do {10th anniversary party}

As a party favor (because every good party gives something away at the end, right?)  I die-cut the same doily out of fabric (with a fusible backing) and ironed it on to a muslin bag (the same kind I used for our Christmas advent calendar).  They turned out looking so sweet!

we still do {10th anniversary party}

It's nothing extravagant, but a little thank you card from the both of us, and a few more of our favorite chocolates.

We had such an amazing time, and will for sure be looking back at these sweet memories for years to come.

Cheers!

we still do {10th anniversary party}

27 comments:

  1. I am utterly obsessed with every single thing about this post. The amazing nook, those delicious look treats, the vows and all the details in between are amazing. Happy Anniversary to you and your hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. my favorite post of yours! I love the details and the love that went into this :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMGoodness! Elena this is stunning!!!! LOVE!!!!! Your party posts are my favorite and this has got to be my favorite too!!! :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You were born to do this. Absolutely breathtaking and so heartfelt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, SPEECHLESS. Wida is right, this is my favourite too!! And yep, every little detail is incredible! STUNNING. You outdid yourself, and your friend and her cookies/cake just pushed it all right over the edge (what a team you make!).

    I can't pick a favourite part, because I love it ALL. SO gorgeous.

    (I am glad you had your 10 year before me, because now I have a few years to steal all of your ideas and it not be tacky...) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, you really outdid yourself, Elena! I can only imagine the reaction of the guests when they walked in and saw everything, especially the vows you draped over the table! Talk about large drama for small dollars!! What a party!

    ReplyDelete
  7. in-sane! love the vows on the table....have to comeback after work to look at every detail!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are so talented, every details is absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is an absolute stunner of a post, so much gorgeous eye (and real!) candy to feast on!! What a wonderful celebration of your ten years together, and so sweet to learn that you even knew each other in kindergarten too! You could seriously have a career styling parties you know - you knock every single detail out of the park!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! This is all so amazing! Just wow!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is gorgeous! And I LOVE that you wrote out the vows, what a great touch!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a gorgeous party! Thanks for sharing it will all of us today :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would love to see in your incredible creative brain!!! This is fabulous. Love the vows. Love the details Elena.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations, love the decor & the sweets do look amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, wow. Wow. This all looks so amazing, Elena! Fabulous job!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow Elena! It's all so beautiful. Every. little. detail. Stunning...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! I want to marry you, Elena! lol Great party!

    ReplyDelete
  18. PERFECT that's what I'd call it the vows are fabulous and your invitations were very beautiful thanks for sharing this special party with us big hugs to your hubby....

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy Anniversary!!! Your party decorations, sweets, and favors are all just GORGEOUS!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. OUTRAGEOUSLY AWESOME!!! Elena, I look at these photos and think it can't possible be real! But I know it was, because you rock!

    Congrats on 10 years!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I feel how Suzanne feels. It's like a magazine spread only it was in your house! My husband and I, like, went out to dinner for our 10th anniversary last year. Uh, lame. Especially compared to this. Love the idea(s) behind it, love the execution.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ohhhhh you rock!! This is so sweet... and gorgeous... and special :) My favorite part is the long paper on the drink table

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love it, .......
    I'm planning my 10th wedding Anniversary party! Can't really find many ideas, so I'm sure this will help me a lot, Thanks ;)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love it, .......
    I'm planning my 10th wedding Anniversary party! Can't really find many ideas, so I'm sure this will help me a lot, Thanks ;)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Anniversary event parties are a wonderful way to celebrate for two people who have been together for a number of years. I just love the way with which you wrote the complete blog post.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your husband really gave you best wedding gift on your wedding reception party. This venue looks fabulous and yeah symbolizes your love brilliantly.

    ReplyDelete