Thursday, November 7, 2013

dashing through the snow...

dashing through the snow...


I'm throwing my hat in the ring for the embossing challenge over at CAS-ual Fridays.  Gold embossing everywhere!



I started out by rubbing versamark ink all over *this* snowfall stencil.  I am having a serious love affair with that stencil.  Once it was peeled back, I was able to throw gold embossing powder over the card and heat it up.

dashing through the snow...

More of the same for the sentiment and one horse open sleigh image.  I used ZING embossing powder, but I have to admit that I'm not thrilled with the coverage on the sleigh.  I think I prefer WOW powders, but I don't have that brand in gold.

I hope you like it!  If you are joining this Friday's in-my-home-card-class, I really hope you like it - you'll be crafting one of your very own.

♥.

11 comments:

  1. This is embossilicious! I LOVE that stencil, on my wishlist and loving all the gold!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, what a fabulous way to use that stencil, Elena! Thanks for sharing your gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elegant card. Love the black and gold. That falling snow is gorgeous; awesome stencil. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card, Elena! Your gold embossing is perfect with the horse and carriage and sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the gold embossing on your card - it looks wonderful. I am very tempted by that snowflake stencil!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Elena, this is just stunning! Absolutely gorgeous card! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful! I would normally go not with black for a Christmas Card but I adore your card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card! The gold embossing on the black is striking.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How can I purchase this Christmas stencil, etc. to make this card. I thought an early start on this will get me ahead of the game. Thank you. Love this creative card.

    ReplyDelete