Friday, November 29, 2013

season of joy {print-inspired}

My favorite inspiration for Christmas cards this year has been Minted.  Their designs are so amazing and fresh.

I loved this card the moment I laid eyes on it:


and made my own version, using Papertrey Ink stamps:

season of joy

To give dimension, I heat-embossed some of the elements with white embossing powder and stamped the rest with a white ink onto the grey base.  I mounted the grey piece onto a white card-base.  I prefer writing inside a white card, instead of smudging a white gel pen on a dark paper (being left-handed has its challenges...)

My favorite thing about this card is that it is completely flat - so perfect for mailing!

Have a great weekend, all.

♥.





16 comments:

  1. So stunning and striking! This is gorgeous, the red and white look amazing against the black!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely perfect, love yours more! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, love the idea of some of the branches being embossed :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...this is gorgeous! Love the black background, just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, this is gorgeous, Elena! I love it.... and might make my own version, because it's just so wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the depth you added by embossing a few of the branches... this is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is stunning Elena! So elegant. I'm going to have to CASE this...I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your version is miles better, this is nothing short of stunning perfection!! Every element so perfectly placed, and I love the faux dimension created by the heat embossing!!

    And I've learned something new - you're a leftie!! :-) See, that's why people should read posts. They miss stuff otherwise. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Elena, this card is so beautiful! Can you share how you created the red berries? Is that red embossing powder? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. gorgeous. I'd also like to know how you did the red berries.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So a stunning and inspiring card. Like you--saw it, knew I had to try it!

    ReplyDelete