Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Spring in a jar.

When my daughter came walking home from the bus-stop yesterday, holding her jacket, and smiling that she wasn't cold at all - it was glorious... I cannot wait for spring to officially be here!

Most of my cards lately have been in soft, spring colors (since I just stamp it like I feel it)... and this one continues the trend:


A little rosette, and some love-notes in a jar... just because.


A few details: I stamped the jar, then masked it, to be able to stamp a text image on top.  The letters were colored in with copics and them mounted on foam squares.



Thanks for peeking!




Supplies:
stamps - PTI: friendship jar, friendship jar spring fillers, simple sentiments, text-style II
ink: memento black, SU basic grey
paper: PTI white, spring moss, SU pp
etc: mft rosette die, misc pearl

9 comments:

  1. Oh, so very sweet! Your card is making me wish i've the jar stamp sets :) the rolled rose is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very sweet card, love the jar and the letters you put in it. You chose such pretty colors for you card , soft and just glorious….:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty card. So soft & feminine. Love the just because...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I am WITH you... it's so cold here today, and we even had some snow fall this morning!! Snow in March is unheard of in Vancouver!

    Keep bringing the spring cards... I think we're ALL ready!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! I'm so ready for spring too! We had a beautiful day here too!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's like summer here. Your card is perfect. I always forget about those jars, and I have them all. I love this as much as that snowman card you made way back. I think I'll make one of these for me--just because.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad the spring is heading your way. Here in Australia, we are heading into fall. Still hot and humid, but don't imagine it will be long before the crispness sets in. Can't wait!

    Your card is so beautiful. I love the muted colors too. The plaid DP is also sweet. The jar and the letters are so magical. I can just imagine their treasured contents. The coloring is so well done and that singular accent flower is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! So soft and pretty. :)
    I love that little rosette!

    ReplyDelete