Sunday, July 8, 2012

CSS release day 4

Hi peeps!

Today, CSS is releasing all sorts of shapes and background sets and dies.  I'm so excited to get to show you what I've come up with.

Hands up if you know of Amy Atlas!  For those of you who don't, she is party-planner to the stars, and basically created the whole concept of a dessert table.  I love me some Amy Atlas :)  The beautifully decorated table, sweet treats in abundance, fully coordinating backdrop.... be still my party-lovin' heart.  My hubby recently gifted me with a copy of her book, and I must have had it on the brain when I created this:

I used the amazing new damask set (and a few soon-to-be released other sets!) to create a fun card and treat box birthday set.  Doesn't the damask look like a beautiful wallpapered background? It's so soft and pretty in just its outline-form.  (But there is a solid version in the set as well, and many different sizes too.)

These are clearly not your grandma's damasks.  I love that they have their own little flair, and are so much more modern than your average damask.

I stamped the two cookie platters onto a white cardstock mat, masked them, and stamped the damask pattern all over.  I then added the woodgrain cake (stamped onto its own die-cut) over-top.  The little flower on top of each cake is simply a few tiny cardstock flowers, sprayed with water, and crumpled into 3D flowers.

Along with my birthday card, I created a treat box (using the party favor 3 die) and filled it with homemade shortbread cookies... mmm.... so buttery...

I hope you've enjoyed what I've created with the new damask background set!  I know the rest of the designers have amazing things to show you as well:

Virginia (guest DT)
Suzanne (guest DT)


8 comments:

  1. Elena, they're so feminine, pretty, love them! The colors and patterns are just perfect together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love that damask! And a woodgrain cake? LOVE.

    Beautiful set, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome!! Love the soft colors and design, Elena! They make me want to go making some yummy treats!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your colors and patterns are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, how neat, Elena!! I love the different treats on the stands, and the way they are in front of the pattern...it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a lovely set!! I adore your bag, I bet the cookies are fabulous too. That damask outline is so striking, it makes a great card background!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty! I love the background here! And those cakes look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my, I love the way you put the sentiment on the cake, so clever! Great ensemble!

    ReplyDelete