I'm not even sure why I'm showing you all this card. I think, for two reasons:
1. I saw it through to the end, even though it went wrong all along the way
2. In case anyone starts to think I'm too awesome (or in case I develop a bit of a bit head) this fugly card on my blog will serve as a reminder that not everything I make is beautiful...
With that in mind, here's my 2nd entry into the MIM #73: stamping on patterned paper:
1. the panels are not all perfect lined up and I don't even know why the patterned papers were each matted onto their own pieces of white cardstock...
2. the stitching went horribly awry. (Sofia and her bff apparently played with the dials on my machine during the day, so I'm blaming this one on them, hee hee)
3. I'm not quite sure about the mix of papers here, especially with the white embossing on the bottom and the creaminess of the top panel.
I started out by embossing happy birthday and the medallion images on the bottom panel, then stamped the butterflies on another panel. (Just because you like them separately, doesn't mean you should be going and putting them together <--------- my take-away lesson.)
ps, we're taking Sofia in for a tonsillectomy/adenoidectomy today - even if it all goes smoothly (and I know it will), this will be a long day. Any prayers for my biggest babe are so appreciated.
pps. have you been checking out the CSS new releases? I saw all of these images awhile ago, but my jaw still dropped when I saw some of the DT projects. My stuff is up to bat next week :)