Tuesday, December 17, 2013

oh happy day {RIC guest designer}

I won't lie. When Jen asked if I'd like to guest design for the Runway Inspired Challenge, I started sweating a little bit.  These girls mean business.  And the fashions aren't always straightforward. But it turned out to be so much fun.

The inspiration photo, from the Matthew Williamson Spring 2014 collection:


It's very flashy. ha. These are some of the things I took from it: the popped up flowers, the translucency underneath the popped up florals, the mix of white and cream, and the flashy pants (which I translated into gold glitter, no neon yellow for me!).

oh happy day (RIC guest designer)


I white-heat-embossed florals onto a kraft tag base, and then did some translucent-type watercoloring over them.

oh happy day (RIC guest designer)

The sentiment was also white-embossed, but onto a strip of cream cardstock.  I helped the lettering come back to life with some subtle watercoloring as well.

oh happy day (RIC guest designer)

I had to pop up at least one flower, didn't I?  And pop it a gold, glittery center.  I hung it from a smaller, vellum tag.

I hope you like it!  Click over to the Runway Inspired Challenge blog to see more inspiration from the Design Team, and check out the prize that is up for grabs.

♥.


16 comments:

  1. Stunning as Always!!! But my fave in the whole entire card is that one pop of flower! Love <3 that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is SO beautiful! Love at first sight :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, your card is stunning! Love your color scheme - simply gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Elena, I love the muted tones on your tag card! It's absolutely gorgeous! So glad that you guest design with us! I am waving hi from Ontario!

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO pretty! I love the glittery center of the flower!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, beautifully "translated" :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is elegant...gorgeous...and just screams "Elena!" I think it's cool how you translated different aspects of the inspiration photo. Thank you SO much for being a guest with us!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing card, great take on the challenge. You are so creative:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card! Really like the layout!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is absolutely stunning Elena!! *Love* the white embossing on kraft, that subtle watercolouring brings out so much detail and your overall composition and smaller popped up flower are just darling!! Jen was totally spot on in her choice of guest!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, this is gorgeous, Elena! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the delicate beauty of this.
    Ang

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so pretty - I love the translucent water coloring that you did - it adds a touch of depth and texture that is so pretty and subtle!! Congrats on the guest design gig!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card & fabulous flowers :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a gorgeous card! Love the soft feel of it, and all the layering. Great work!

    ReplyDelete