Saturday, December 14, 2013

whoa baby!


If you're looking for my winter lawnscaping blog hop post, click **here**

Our dear lawnscaper, Elise, has given birth to a beautiful baby girl.  We're sending virtual baby squishes and congratulations with this fun blog hop. If you're following the hop, you should have clicked over from Karin's blog:


So, this one is for the brand new baby Claire: 

whoa baby!


I used sponge daubers in bright, fun colors and a Mama Elephant sentiment stamp to create this card.  The stripes on the side were pulled from my saved scrap pile.  I love when I can actually make something I've already stamped work for a new project.

Keep the hop moving, over to Christy's blog next.

Elise, we're so happy for you! I wish you all the joy in the world, as you discover the magic of being a mama.  There are some things I don't miss about the newborn stage (i like my sleep too much, and enjoy not smelling of vomit), but other things I ache to re-live: the little sucky faces they make in their sleep, when that baby smell (the good kind) wafts up and fills your heart and nose, the way the teeny tiny hands fit into yours, the expectant eyes that lock onto yours and penetrate to your soul.  You may not enjoy every moment, but these things you will, and a million more.

♥.

9 comments:

  1. This card is awesome, Elena! I'm sure that Claire would love to sit and stare and the brightly colored dots! :) The newborn stage is definitely a LOT of work and I miss my sleep so much, but she is perfect and so worth it. Thank you so much for this virtual baby shower! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card! The colors and design are just perfect! Thanks for the inspiration - I never thought of using daubers this way :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so wonderful! I love love love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun trendy card! And such sweet words for the new mama!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cool and wonderful, Elena!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a bright and fun card, Elena!

    ReplyDelete