Wednesday, December 4, 2013

on the corner of...

Did you see?  My friend Miriam is a stamp designer!  I was privileged enough to sneak peeks of this stamp set in its first, sketchy stages.  It is so clever and original.  There are so many things you could do with "on the corner of" but first, I need another Christmas card or two:

on the corner of...

I stamped the street sign and masked it, allowing me to blend in some distress ink to cover the card-front.  I love the halo-effect around the post!  Once I was done blending the inks (tumbled glass, faded jeans, and black soot for those who will want to know) I squirted out some glitter from my wink of stella glitter pen and mixed it with a few drops of water.  Taking a small paintbrush, I flicked some of the mixture onto the card-front to get the snowdrift effect.

on the corner of...

I used lawn fawn alphabet stamps to spell out "holly" and "jolly" and also added the holiday trim to the post.

It's hard to see in the pictures, but I added a swipe of glitter to the snow-bank, and red stickles to the berries.  This card is a flat, glittery thing of beauty. hee.

♥.

10 comments:

  1. Love this card, and those stamps, Elena! Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! The background is gorgeous and I really like the glittery accents! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Love the splatter effect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my goodness - stunning!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOOOOOOOVE this card!! the snow you created with the wink of glitter pen and the snow bank is just beautiful! i love love love the distressed sky too! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE it! So sweet, thanks for making the stamps shine!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super sweet card, Elena! This set is so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute card...love this set too. Miriam did such a great job. I like how you used the LF set to make it into a Christmas card.

    ReplyDelete