Sunday, September 20, 2015

santa's belly and winter alpaca {lawn fawn inspiration week}

Welcome back to another day of Lawn Fawn inspiration! I have 2 projects to share today.

santa's belly and winter alpaca {lawn fawn inspiration week}

The first is a different take on the pillow box add-ons, Santa's Belly. I made a Santa face! I used all of the same pieces to create him: the buttons became eyes, the scalloped pieces became beard and hat trim, and the belt was shortened tremendously to become his nose.

I started out with a white pillow box, and added detail to it. First, I grabbed a skin-colored copic marker and marked off a rectangle that would become his face.  I then die-cut a second pillow box in red and cut a piece to glue on top (for his hat) and another for his outfit.  The back of the pillow box is still white.

As a reminder, this is what the pillow box is meant to look like, with the Santa's Belly die-set:


And this is my guy:

santa's belly and winter alpaca {lawn fawn inspiration week}


I think he turned out so cute!

I also have a card to show off using the new set, Winter Alpaca.

santa's belly and winter alpaca {lawn fawn inspiration week}

I paired him with an older set, Fanciful Frames. and added texture to the alpaca using liquid appliqué. When you heat that stuff up, it bubble a bit and is so perfect for fuzzy alpaca texture.

santa's belly and winter alpaca {lawn fawn inspiration week}


My kids loved this set so much! They've been giggling "alpaca my scarf" for weeks now!

I hope you like it! There's more to see on the Lawn Fawn blog today - click!

♥.

10 comments:

  1. Oh Elena! These are super cute! (That alpaca saying is going to stick! LOL) Too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You Santa is super cute! Great idea!! I also love the texture you added to your alpaca!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Santa face is super cool idea! Lovely projects! Hope see a video tutorial soon! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my!! these projects are adorable!! I LOVE the Santa and the way you made the Alpaca's fur is fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your santa pillow box is genius! Sooo cute both creations today :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute Santa box!! Love the cute face which would make anybody smile.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your pillow box is amazing!!! I really love it so much!
    Cristina
    thehouseoftheblackbirds.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your pillow box and card are just adorable! I always love your unique approaches to your projects!

    ReplyDelete