Friday, September 18, 2015

Toboggan together! {lawn fawn inspiration week}

Hey there! I'm so excited to be joining the Lawn Fawn design team for this month's inspiration week! Get ready for a whole lotta cute Christmas stuff.

Today, we're showing off my favorite set of the entire winter release, Toboggan Together.


toboggan together {lawn fawn inspiration week}


I paired the images with a gingham background, stamped in black ink onto red cardstock. I can't even tell you how much I love it stamped like that! A little buffalo plaid never hurt nobody.

Let's talk about layering stamped and die-cut images. If I'm going to layer images, I usually mask and then try to do the finicky die-cutting to get the whole thing cut out together (example.) Because, to my eye, I really don't like seeing the white outline where it's not supposed to be.  Does that make sense? It will in a second. Look at the reindeer, and the rope that he's pulling the sled with. I made it look more seamless by stamping the reindeer image again onto the rope die-cut, coloring it to match, and lopping a tiny part off so that it sits snuggly under his reindeer head.

What do you think? Worth the effort? For me, it totally gives an extra bit of polish to the images.

Visit the Lawn Fawn blog to see what the rest of the team created with Toboggan Together!

16 comments:

  1. Your extra effort definitely paid off! I was playing with this set yesterday and wondering what I should do when layering. Now I know!! Thank you:). Your card is adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't tell you enough how much I love this card! I LOVE the gingham stamped in black on the red card stock, it looks fantastic! I also love how you colored part of the rope die cut to match the adorable reindeer, it looks great! This is my fav stamp set of this release! ( I think ;) lol)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my Elena, I love how cute this is! LOL. Just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous card! Love that sweet deer, the kraft cardstock with snow, and that fabulous patterned paper!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely love gingham for Christmas! Your card is adorable! I totally think coloring the rope is work the effort! Thank you for your inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your idea for layering images is great!!
    thanks a lot for sharing
    Cristina
    thehouseoftheblackbirds.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  7. Elena,
    Your cards are all so sweet but the one with the gingham looks so cosy and "woodsy" and very Christmasy...super cute.
    Masy

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just adorable! And I think the added effort is totally worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very adorable cards. Thanks for the ideas.

    ReplyDelete