Tuesday, November 26, 2013

deerie me, it's almost December.

'tis the season, deer.

Have you taken out any Christmas decorations yet?  I know most Americans wait until after Thanksgiving (ours was back in October).  I usually like to wait until early December, but that doesn't stop me from ogling new decorations.

My husband is appalled that I have my eye on this, from Target:


or this one, from the WFT shop (Etsy):


Until I can talk my husband into letting me buy one of these beauties, I decided to whip up a stag-inspired card:

'tis the season, deer.


I stamped the entire card base with the oh-so-cozy "fair isle backgrounds" from Wplus9.  The reindeer was isolated from *this* silhouette file.  The scarf was hand-drawn using a copic multiliner and stamped with the cutest tiny greeting.

'tis the season, deer.

And glittered antlers never hurt nobody.

♥.

12 comments:

  1. Well, I'm not sure about your love for bodyless deer, but I do love your card. The sparkly antlers are gorgeous, but I'm really in love with the scarf!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, elegant card! And the hand drawn scarf is so fabulous and such a great touch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok I love this card with all my heart. buying the file and pinning this beauty! I don't know about that reindeer head, seems odd for a classic like you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty! Love the gray and white!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty. Just the right amount of sparkle.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning card! I kinda love the deer head myself. I could totally see that on your chalkboard wall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i feel like you crawled inside my head :) i gave my husband a weird look when he asked where I would put the head. wasn't it totally made for that chalk wall?

      Delete
  7. Absolutely gorgeous card, Elena! I love the soft color palette with your deer... Great job on the scarf!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so beautiful! Such a gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Elle est splendide !!! Bravo

    ReplyDelete