Wednesday, November 20, 2013

let it snow {lawn fawn + thermoweb week}

Here's the deal.  I'm lamely typing this post without using my left index finger. It's awkward.  I lopped off a chunk with my guillotine paper-cutter yesterday.  I can't be the only one who's ever done this, right?  I blame it on the child.  Maia yelled something and I jumped - jumped and twisted slightly and brought down the blade. sigh.  The best part was when I called my hubby to tell him what happened: he asked if I was ok, and then quickly (too quickly) inquired about my project... if I had ruined it with blood smear.  I have trained him well... hee.

So, without any real segueway, here's my fawnie+thermoweb project:

let it snow {lawn fawn + thermoweb week}

If this card looks a little familiar, it's because it is!  I took heavy inspiration from a treat packaging that my fellow fawnie Yainea made, published in the pages of a recent Paper Crafts mag:


I am constantly wowed by what Cristina creates - my card is a nod to her amazing talent.

I switched up the fox for the bunny (mostly out of extreme laziness: the bunny has a matching die) and added patterned paper to the background.  The thermoweb 3D foam squares and zots came in very handy.

let it snow {lawn fawn + thermoweb week}

The red banner is my fave.

♥.


16 comments:

  1. JUST AMAZING, Elena!!! I love it all so much!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww Elena, you're the sweetest!! I'm so glad you felt inspired by my tag!! Your card is absolutely gorgeous, I love it so so much! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i absolutely LOVE this card... I love Yainea's treat container too!!!! I LOVE LOVE the white embossed on red. I LOVE LOVE the touch of distress ink on the edge of the snowflakes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO sweet! I love the double layered snowflake, and the snowflakes on the base, and the twine, it's just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so so so so gorgeous!! wow!! LOOOOOOVE that bunny, and how you colored him! his cheeks are adorable and everything goes so well together!! the snowflakes and patterned paper and pop of red! just wow!! holy moly, wow!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. too cute...I love that little guy....just made a card with him last week....

    ReplyDelete
  7. fabulous! love everything on kraft! Whose snowflake? TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yikes! Sorry about the finger! Love your card though!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have good taste Elena. Yainea is AWesome! Love your card....your talent is aw inspiring too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. New to your blog. What is Thermoweb? Is there a site for instructions? TFS.

    Dianne Bell - Sewpro02@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dianne! if you click on the links above, for 3D foam squares and zots, you'll be taken to their website - they sell wonderful adhesive products!

      Delete
  11. This is just plain fun! Great dp on the base, and that bunny is so sweet. Perfect CASE of Yainea's creation. Love this. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the card. What die cut did you use to make the big snowflakes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, Johnna! the big snowflakes are by Papertrey Ink. here is the link: https://www.papertreyink.com/pti-dies/papertrey-ink-damask-snowflakes-die-collection-set-of-2/

      Delete