Tuesday, July 8, 2014

jaws party.

Before Ryan's shark party, (if you missed it, click!) there was Evangelina's Jaws-themed party.

I can't claim all of the fun ideas you'll find in this party - Tanya saw *this* party and we adapted what we saw for Eva's spread.

Tanya snapped a few quick photos in the most awful apartment lighting, but I hope you'll enjoy a look anyways:

jaws party

That giant motorized shark was the star of the party, even if it was hard to keep him still enough for a photo. When he wasn't bobbing over the food table, he was swimming across the room, over the girls' delighted heads.

jaws party

The backdrop was a roll of wrapping paper that Tanya found at Michaels, and hung sideways so it didn't look quite as "surf & sky."  We still had to endure a few "hey, did you guys hang that sideways?" comments. ha. The ruffled banners were modeled after the original Jaws party, and made out of 2 colors of crepe paper. I love the look!  The tutorial can be found here. What I love is that I can roll them up and store them for a future party. Which I did. I used them again for Ryan's shark party.

jaws party

We served up sea water,

jaws party

life preservers, (the girls found it amazing that lunch was served with long strings of licorice)

jaws party

and other fun foods like cheesy triangle "shark teeth," grape tomato "shark eggs," and carrots-in-shot-glass "anemones."

jaws party

My favorite things were these "shark attack" cake pops. They were adorable!

All of the food labels were made to look like beach cabanas. I used a silhouette file that was meant as a circus box (this one.)

jaws party

This party was so much fun! Evangelina's dad was a hoot, dressing up in a full-sized shark costume, but he was also amazing with the girls, helping them create their own shark tooth necklaces.


Yep, that is one giant shark tooth. And yep, I look nuts. And yep, so does Jason. haha.

I've known Tanya and Jason since high school, where he was voted most artistic of our senior class. Even so, I was amazed to learn that he made the party hats himself:

jaws party

So cool, right?

I hope you enjoyed this look into Eva's Jaws party!

♥.

3 comments:

  1. You're absolutely amazing...what a fun party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AMAZING!!!! Do all your crafty people just hang out together? You with your decorations, you crazy cake/cookie lady, shark hat man. It's like a crafty commune up there in Montreal!

    ReplyDelete