Monday, July 28, 2014

reverse paper-pieced tags

Hi there!

I have a lawn fawn project to share today, inspired by the tags found in *this* pin.


I love the little animals, with their polka dot backgrounds...so using images from into the woods and lawn fawn polka dot papers, this is what I came up with:

reverse paper-pieced tags

I'll show you step by step how I created these, by doing some "reverse" paper-piecing. (is that a thing? I dunno. ha.)

reverse paper-pieced tags

reverse paper-pieced tags

reverse paper-pieced tags

reverse paper-pieced tags

reverse paper-pieced tags

reverse paper-pieced tags

reverse paper-pieced tags

and voila! With some careful cutting, and cleaning up the edges with the black marker, it looks seamless!  What I also love about this technique is that the backside of the tag is a plain white - just like a print would be.

reverse paper-pieced tags

♥.

7 comments:

  1. Super cute tags! I love the reverse paper piecing, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the way your tags turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great technique Elena! I love piecing, so I am definitely going to have to try this out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's such an awesome technique! Thanks for sharing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so clever!! I would never thought have creating something like this. I am going to have to try this sometime!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are super cute!

    ReplyDelete