Friday, July 18, 2014

make a wish {mama elephant designer series}

Hey there! I'm on the Mama Elephant blog today, showing off a birthday card I made with the Soiree stamp set and new coordinating dies.

20140625_15


I am supposed to be showing off the dies, but I had too much fun stamping those banners!  The stamp set is a new one for me.  I stamped four rows of the banner image, and colored them in different pink and blue shades, adding little dot and stripe accents with a white gel pen.

I then stamped "make a wish" repeatedly to look like a cake (!) and die-cut the cake stand and little banner topper.  Having the banner topper die-cut saved me from having to mask anything and I love how it looks popped up on foam adhesives.

20140625_19

I colored the cake topper banner to match the bigger banners, did you notice? I'm easily impressed, and hoping you are too...

A coat of glossy accents on the topper and the cake stand gives the card a special something extra.

I hope you like it! I can see making this card in a ton of different colors and keeping them on hand for last minute birthday needs :)

♥.

1 comment:

  1. This is such a totally fun card!! I LOVE how you layered the lines of flags over each other in the background. Really great design!!

    ReplyDelete