Thursday, January 22, 2015

Sun, moon and stars shaker card {new mama elephant}

It's the last day of Mama Elephant stamp highlights - I hope you've enjoyed it so far!  Today, we're showing off "Shooting Star."

I used the set for my stampede card, where I featured the little girl holding her teddy (click!)

With today's card, I wanted to show you that the set is amazing, even without her. The sentiments are so sweet, and can stand up on their own.

sun, moon and stars shaker card {new mama elephant}

I took the sentiment quite literally, and made a shaker filled with a sun, a moon, and a whole lotta stars.

I used these dies:

♥ for the sun and moon, the stitched sky dies.

♥ for the stars, the lots of stars die.

♥ for the circle cut-out, and the base panel, the sew fancy dies.

The card isn't a regular-sized card, but sometimes a more petite card is such a cute surprise.

sun, moon and stars shaker card {new mama elephant}

To create the shaker, I used a foam sheet with the same circle cut-out. I hate using adhesive for my shaker cards, where everything sticks to the sides and nothing is left to shake around. The sky stuff is sandwiched between the base layer and a piece of clear acetate. Which is so new you can't even see it. ha.

How do you make your shaker cards? Do you enjoy making them? I'll admit that I don't. But I do enjoy how much people like receiving them.

And this one would make the perfect Valentine's day card, I'm thinking.

♥.

6 comments:

  1. Such a cute and unique shaker card, love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my word! This shaker card is just amazing! Wow! I love that ee Cummings quote soooooooo much! And that you turned it into shaker card is just so lovely!!!!! Wow!! (Ps - I aldo find shaker cards a bear to make...but people love them! So fine, we'll make a few! Ha!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous shaker card, love the sentiments from that stamp set.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your shaker card is sensational. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete