Monday, January 12, 2015

what's black and white, with red spots?

The Lawn Fawn design team is taking turns being featured on their blog all this week, and I'm up first.

what's black and white with red spots?


I created a birthday card using the adorable zebra from Critters On The Savanna.  The instagram-type frame in #awesome was perfect for highlighting my stamped scene.

what's black and white with red spots?

I stamped the zebra, masked him, stamped the present (from Year Two) but then found that the present wasn't tall enough. I grabbed a copic pen and drew in a thinner gift box to fill in the space below.  I created the grass and sky background with copic markers.  And nothing complicated. I like my cutesy cartoon images to be colored simply, and their backgrounds too. ha.

Also: I've decided that the zebra's pose is the way to go when attending a party. I shall henceforth arrive at a party, place the gift on the ground and proceed with a captain morgan pose over the gift.

life.of.the.party.

that's me.

groan.

♥.

6 comments:

  1. OMGosh so cuted!!! I love the polka dots

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card! The zebra is just too cute... he definitely is the life of the party! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fun card! That zebra is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Color combination is wonderful. Love the Zebra!

    ReplyDelete
  5. those polka dots are so bright and fun. CUTE!

    ReplyDelete