Thursday, October 1, 2020

A creature was stirring (Lawn Fawn inspiration week)

 Hi there!

Welcome to Lawn Fawn's October inspiration week! We're showcasing items from the current release and showing you fun ways to use the new sets!

Today we're taking a closer look at A Creature Was Stirring:

whisking you a Merry Christmas (Lawn Fawn inspiration week)

I used the Foursquare Backdrop to frame tiny little scenes, all backed with stripey wallpaper and a woodgrain floor (or countertop?) I've said it before, but using this backdrop makes designing a card super easy! And the end look is so charming. 

In terms of coloring the images - I used my regular red copic combo (R22, R24, R29) but I added shading with RV69 for extra depth. The green is less of a traditional green and more of a teal. I used G00 as the base and added some BG15 and blended the 2. It gave an interesting mix!

For the sentiment, I used a sentiment from this set, and mixed it with the large Merry Christmas from Offset Sayings. I colored the letters to match the rest of the teal-greenery on the card.


whisking you a Merry Christmas (Lawn Fawn inspiration week)

To finish things off, I went a little crazy with the enamel dots, ha.

I hope you like it! There's more to see on the LF blog this morning - click!

2 comments: