Wednesday, July 4, 2018

Later alligator! (Neat and Tangled release week)

Hi there!

We're onto day 3 of this month's Neat and Tangled new release reveals. Today is our showcase of Later Alligator, a 4x6 stamp set that I illustrated. I've seen other croc/alligator sets out there, but this one might be a little quirkier, with the fish balloon and the YASSS banner and the little stuffed animal frog. hee.

Later alligator! (Neat and Tangled release week)

I stamped, colored and die-cut the images that I wanted for my card. I love the one at the top, holding his hat and suitcase! His friend at the bottom is waving him goodbye.

Later alligator! (Neat and Tangled release week)

Once I figured out my layout, I grabbed a card-front-sized piece of white cardstock and did some soft ink blending with distress inks. I flicked droplets of water on top of the sponged ink for that soft, dreamy look.

As soon as the paper was dry, I stamped out the greeting (using my MISTI tool for perfect placement!) and then popped up the croc and alligator using foam tape.

Later alligator! (Neat and Tangled release week)

I love the little bird peering at the sentiment, and the little snail crawling across the his sentiment too.

I hope you like what I've created! There's more to see on the NT blog this morning - click!

Before you go, don't forget to leave me a comment! You'll be in the running for a $25 store gift card, chosen from among the design team blog posts at the end of the week.

♥.

23 comments:

  1. Brings back memories of when this
    sentiment started. Fun idea.
    Cute card. thanks for sharing
    txmlhl(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just another of your adorable sets you have designed!!! TFS your talent with all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of my favorite sayings! Love your card & the set you designed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darling card! Love your pretty coloring and the soft colors you chose! The 'gators are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww!!! This is my fav set of this release!!! It's adorable dear Elena!!! Alligators are too cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome and adorable new set, Elena. I love the little
    critters with the set: the snail, the froggie and the
    sweet birdie. Darling card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Soooo cuuute! Love your cards and this set! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really, really cute. I love this.

    ReplyDelete
  9. ABSOLUTELY ADORABLE! And the blending of colors and coloring is FANTASTIC too!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I love that it's quite adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the background! And your coloring of the alligators!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love these little guys! Such a cute card.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love what you created--too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So cute--love this sentiment--I used it with my kids and now my grandkids.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cute design on the alligators! Love your card, Elena! The alligators are adorable and that background is so soft and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your card! So sweet. We still say this in our house. :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is way too cute. I love the soft colors in the background.

    Have a great day,
    Jessica
    Polka Dot Orchard

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very sweet card - would be just perfect for anyone about to travel or leave home like our college-bound kids!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the way your coloring of the gators and critters echoes the soft rainbow of the background. Very lovely composition.

    ReplyDelete
  20. LOVE your card! This stamp set is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congratulations on another very cute stamp set! What a great card to show it off!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Aww. Your card is so freaking cute :). Love all of the colour you put together.

    ReplyDelete