Friday, July 6, 2018

unicorns and rainbows (Ellen Hutson new release)

Hi there!

I'm here and on the Ellen Hutson blog today, showing off some of what's hitting their store on Sunday!!


I'm showing off the new set, Unicorns and Rainbow. It is so super cute!

unicorns and rainbows (Ellen Hutson new release)

I wanted to give the card a dreamy quality, without resorting to too many pastel colors. I grabbed a few colors of blue distress inks: Tumbled Glass, Salty Ocean, and Faded jeans and blended them together. I left the top corners white, and did only enough blending so that it softened, but I still wanted to be able to see the different levels of blue. I then flicked on some water and white paint to add to the dreamy and whimsical feel.

unicorns and rainbows (Ellen Hutson new release)

I stamped, die-cut and colored all of the images with copic markers. I love the one unicorn with his frayed mane, jumping over the rainbow! (Side note, that's totally me doing any type of physical activity, while other girls look like the perfectly-coiffed uni on the side... gah.)

The streak of light behind the jumping unicorn is actually the image of the shooting star, but I cut off the star and gave him that extra element.

unicorns and rainbows (Ellen Hutson new release)

When I was happy with the scene, I cut off the bottom of my ink-blended cardstock piece, and adhered all of the images to it. I then die-cut another piece of white cardstock (using an A2-sized Lawn Fawn stitched rectangle die) and stamped my favorite sentiments from the set at the bottom. I love that sentiment! Totally makes me smile every time.

I hope you like what I've created! Sunday come quick!

♥.

No comments:

Post a Comment