Monday, July 9, 2018

You're the best! (SSS guest post)

Hi there!

I'm here and on the Simon Says Stamp blog this morning, with a fun card featuring some of my favorite Avery Elle critters:

you're the best! (SSS guest post)

I really wanted to let the cute critters, from Peek A Boo Pals, take center stage, so I started out by stamping and coloring the ones I wanted to use. I played around with mixing and matching critters. For example, I knew I would color the sloth and monkey in similar shades of brown, and I wanted to make sure they wouldn't be directly next to each other.  You know, to avoid a "who wore it best" scenario. ha. I also wanted to make sure the height of the critters would balance out the card. So, the pointy-eared bunny standing on the panda's back balances out the sentiment flag on the other side.

you're the best! (SSS guest post)


Once I had all of the critters colored, I knew I wanted them to be popping out of some kind of frame. With their paws hanging out, aren't they just the cutest? I cut into an A2-sized piece of white cardstock with an Avery Elle hexagon die. I then selected a blue and white polka dot paper for the background, and positioned the critters inside the frame.

you're the best! (SSS guest post)

To finish off, I stamped the first half of the greeting in versamark and heat-embossed it onto a sentiment flag (that die is also by Avery Elle!) and then stamped the other half directly onto the patterned paper.

As a little finishing touch, I added a bright red heart. I love the sweet elephant holding onto it.

I hope you like it! Thanks for stopping by,

♥.


1 comment: