Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Airplane party (for Lawn Fawn)

Hi there!

I'm really falling behind in terms of keeping up with my blogging this summer! You may have already seen this party on the Lawn Fawn blog a few days ago, but I wanted to share it here too.


Airplane party (for Lawn Fawn)


My nephew turned 3! and I asked if I could make a cake and some fun decorations for his party. I used Lawn Fawn stamps and dies to make it happen.

Airplane party (for Lawn Fawn)


The red airplanes (from Plane and Simple) are so fun! And what better to pair them with than this vanilla cake with strawberry jelly and piled strawberries on top? yum!

Airplane party (for Lawn Fawn)


Having the cake match the handmade decor goes a long way into making everything look tied together. And, if you're thinking - but I don't bake! - here's a little secret. When I don't have the time to bake, I'll just hack my way into things. I went to the supermarket and straight for the ready-made cakes. I found 6 inch cakes, that had weird things on top, but otherwise matched my decor. But they were too short. I bought 2 of them (at $5 each!) scrapped off the stuff on top I didn't like, and piled strawberries on top. Not bad, right? Hardly any effort on my part, and it was a huge hit. It tasted good and cost less than making it from scratch.

Airplane party (for Lawn Fawn)

That's my party planning PSA. ha.

Airplane party (for Lawn Fawn)


More red airplanes, this time on the water bottles.

Airplane party (for Lawn Fawn)

The little banners flying behind the planes were perfect for personalization. I hand-wrote each kid's name.

Airplane party (for Lawn Fawn)

For every party I put together, I always try to think of at least one out-of-the-box item. These red suitcases are my favorite things ever! I used the Fancy Box Die to make them. They were cut out of red paper and then decorated very simply. I cut strips of blue cardstock and wrapped them around. Then, I took a die-cut circle and cut it into 4, one for each corner of the suitcase. I used a strip of which cardstock for a handle. This took the longest out of anything else I crafted for the party, but they are so cute!

Airplane party (for Lawn Fawn)

For a finishing touch, I added a Tiny Tag onto the front of each suitcase, stamped with the airplane from Plan On It: Vacation.

Airplane party (for Lawn Fawn)

I hope you like it! Thanks for stopping by!

♥.

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful cake! Thanks for the tip! :) Love the party decor too especially those suitcases! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are so freaking creative! this looks great and i love how you make the themes and tie everything together.

    ReplyDelete