Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Clear and Simple Stamps: white out challenge.

There is something so chic about all white... just look at a bride on her wedding day... glorious! And all-white-parties are supposed to be the height of all things glamorous (or is that just what Diddy wanted us to think...)

In any case, with all-white, you have to rely on textures and layers to create that show-stopping look.  From the catwalk, to the score-board, here's my take:


I scored, I die-cut, I embossed... and I conquered.  Oh yeah.



I used my scoreboard to create the horizontal lines on the top half of my card.  Then, I cut 2 differently-sized favor flags.  On the wider one, I adhered a strip of score-tape onto each side and then gussied it up with glitter.  Even an all-white card can use some bling, am I right?  On the thinner flag, I white-heat-embossed a pattern from background basics 2 for another layer of shine.  A few buttons (one tucked in under the layered flags and one over) added even more clustered interest to the top of the card. 

The bottom half of the card got the die-cut treatment.  Sticking the individual letters (from the uppercase alphabet dies) onto a strip of barely tacky painter's tape ensured that the letters were evenly spaced both times.  After running my fancy french thank yous through the die-cutter, I added a piece of vellum to the inside of the card, giving a sleek, translucent effect.

I hope you like my all white card!  Click the links below to be inspired by more all white chic-ness:

7 comments:

  1. From catwalk to scoreboard to jaw-hit-keyboard! Stunning!
    Hugs!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks great Elena! Love the cut out words and the button!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is stunning, Elena! Just pure gorgeous and i love the vellum! and you lined things up perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect! I love the banners with those buttons and the double sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! Love the look of the vellum behind the die cut letters.

    ReplyDelete