Saturday, August 11, 2012

Precious Remembrance: summer journals

***this is my second post of the day.  Scroll down or click *here* to check out my CSS camping party - complete with a full dessert table!***


I'm back with another Saturday Creations post, this time, highlighting the Precious Remembrance "calendar stamp set."

With the beginning of school in sight, I thought I'd create little journals for the kids to be able to look back at all the fun things we did together this summer.

The construction of the journals is as simple as can be: a card-sized piece of cardstock, with computer papers stacked inside, and a sewn spine.

On the cover, I used the hero arts "cloud background" and stamped "our" and "adventures 2012" from the Precious Remembrance set, and the rest using lawn fawn's "smitty's abcs" set.

Inside, I stamped a few journaling lines for the kids to record their thoughts, and left plenty of white space for pictures.

Sofia drew herself on the hotel bed in Plattsburg, with her new Squinkies set - I love it :)

On the last page, I stamped out "the end" using Clear and Simple Stamps' "alpha duo" set.  And the calendars, from the Precious Remembrance set, so the kids could highlight their special days.

I hope you like my summer adventure journals!  The kids had so much fun filling them out, and I loved seeing what stood out to them... like, who knew that pushing buttons in the hotel elevator was one of the highlights of Thomas' summer?  HA.

6 comments:

  1. These are very sweet Elena :) I bet the kids had a blast filling them out! What a great way to keep sweet memories :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO adorable and such a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! I love your sewn journals. I definitely to make something like this for Leah.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a perfect idea - and so fun for the kiddos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an awesome project! I bet they loved them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun is this? My kids would love this!

    ReplyDelete