Thursday, August 16, 2012

MIM #78

The MIM challenge for this week: stamp and stitch on die-cuts.  (This definitely took longer than the 10-minute craft dash from yesterday *wink*)

 I cut my own sunburst pattern out of different patterned papers, and stitched each one on the machine.  If you didn't believe me that I'm no sewing expert, go ahead and click on the picture to take a closer look.  Oh yeah, there are the not-so-cute-but-pretend-it's-just-the-homespun-look edges. Hee.

Once the papers were in place, I die-cut a 1 and 3/4 inch circle and a coordinating medallion for the back (in kraft paper, but it looks mauve to me in the pictures... oh well.)

I stamped the circle frame from one of the "Tag its" sets, and stitched around the inside of that frame with yellow embroidery thread.

To finish off the card, I die-cut 5 butterflies (from the "love lives here" die collection) and stitched them together in the same yellow thread.

The "smile" sentiment is from Precious Remembrance.

Thanks for peeking!

14 comments:

  1. Elena, this is just so pretty! Love the stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card - I LOVE your paper picks - they remind me of a well worn & washed quilt, so the stitched edges are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, Elena! Great stitching and I really love your pretty sunburst of patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card Elena, really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the sunburst and the papers you used for it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I like the orientation of your sunburst... I found the little template I made for my card today while cleaning my desk, so maybe I'll try this layout next ;)

    And your stitching is totally fine - you're worried for nothing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this card! I have been wanting to try this sunburst pattern for a while, you have just inspired me, great work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bee-you-tee-ful! How did you cut the sunrays so that they all match up so nicely?

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is lovely. Love the colours - and I think your stitching is pretty bang-on !

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love me some quiltiness. This is right up my alley.

    ReplyDelete