Wednesday, August 1, 2012

hello, hello!

It's an even slower pace at home with the hubs around this week.  The kids are enjoying the breakfast cookies we've just whipped up together, and playing a round of UNO at the same time....

I thought I'd pop in with another card that hasn't been blog-featured yet.


This card is a nod to my blogging buddy, Wida.  I loved her sewn-garland-on-a-card, and thought I'd create my own.  


The "hello" banners are courtesy of Pebbles, and grabbed from my Gallery Idol prize box, stamped in yummy Hero Arts inks - also new to me.


As a finishing touch, I stamped a cloud background in fresh snow ink onto my card-base, and then again in aqua mist ink onto a scrap of white cardstock (and stamped sometimes without re-inking for some color gradation).  I snipped around my clouds and created a funky little border.  You like?  I think it's a fun way to stretch your stamps.

Until next time...

11 comments:

  1. How sweet to bean inspiration to someone who inspires me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, what sweet combination of colors and some of my most favorite elements!!! I LOVE it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful, whimsical look with the banners above the clouds! Gorgeous colors and design.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this, Elena! I think I am going to be creating more garlands myself! And I love how you have stretched your stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Saying hello in the sweetest way possible with this card! :)
    Hugs!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is lovely Elena!!! The banner is so sweet, I love how you stitched it together. I love those colors paired with aqua.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun card. Love those banners.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this - love the cloud border and those awesome pebbles stamps that I have been eyeing!!! :)

    ReplyDelete