Tuesday, October 2, 2012

CSS group project: card kits

hi peeps!  it's a group post day for clear and simple stamps!

first things first:  my hand is up, and I do solemnly swear to use other critters in future projects, and not limit myself to this (very cute) owl.

with that in mind... here's my "build-an-owl thank you card kit" (I read that right off the box... *wink*)


 I've created a kit, with all the pieces you'd need to create your own set of 8 fall-flavored-owl-cards...

when you open the box, you'd first see the white card-bases, the full chocolate owl shapes, the different patterns of owl bellies, 

and then, all of the little extras to create the owls: the eyes, feet (feet?), beaks, and little heart extras...

if the owl on the front of the box wasn't enough, I've assembled another one, for your viewing pleasure. enjoy!

and ps, I used an embossing folder on the owl's belly, and then scratched off the surface of the patterned paper with a distressing tool - it adds more contrast to the pattern.  I love doing that with embossing folders, especially with raised snowflake patterns!

click over to the other designers to see what they've made -  i can't wait to see what kind of kits they've come up with!


11 comments:

  1. Oh, how fun! What a great idea! That owl is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I think these are great ideas, especially for kids who want to start crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl, you are killing me with this owl. Every time I see him, I want him more and more. He will need to be coming home with me SOON! :) Adorable card set!

    ReplyDelete
  4. super awesome gift idea, Elena! Love this owl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is darling. I could really use it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. TOTALLY cute! I love the owl and all his tummies and the embossing. What a fun kit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is the cutest kit! I always love what you do with the critters!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this just screams CUTE right off the bat! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So super fun. And you've made it so super easy having everything all cut out and ready to go. I know my kids (and me!) would have a great time putting together these cards.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! This is so much fun!! I would love a kit like this, my kids would love it too. I also love the embossing and distressing you did.

    ReplyDelete
  11. EEK! Cutest kit over. Great pattern papers. I have to make this kit of my son's K-4 class. So cute!

    ReplyDelete