Sunday, October 14, 2012

CSS release day 5 {perfect harvest}

Hi peeps!

How are you liking the new CSS release so far?  We have a few more days of stuff to show off, so strap yourself in!

Today, I'm helping to show off dies from our "perfect harvest" collection.... and specifically, the big apple die.  With a little sewing help from a much more talented friend, I've created this new baby apple gift ensemble:
 


I'm dubbing this gift: "for the apple of your eye" - and I'm keeping it aside for my sister, Melissa.... she's due to deliver a new baby girl in February, and I am over the moon to be an aunt again!  This will make my fourth time :)

The first thing I created was the bow-holder you see above.  I cut the apple and all of the other pieces out of felt, sandwiched a little hanging loop out of twine at the top, and a chocolate brown ribbon to hang the bows from at the bottom (the bows are not included, Melissa... hee hee.)

Next up, and my favorite piece in this collection: the gingham-apple onesie.  I ironed-on double-fusible webbing to my different fabrics, die-cut them, and added a satin-stitching border all around.  All of my fabrics were lightweight cottons, and I had no problems running through my die-cut machine.


This beautiful bib rounds out the baby gift.  I used a beautiful linen for the base, and used the same techniques to sew the apple onto the bib-front.  I lined the bib with terrycloth on the backside, and finished it all off with a gorgeous chocolate seam-binding.

And, just in case my sister wasn't sure if I really made all of this or not, I added a little tag to my gift... the little apple is from the "perfect harvest too" set.  The rest is a sneak peek at the sets you'll see tomorrow!

Click over for more new release inspiration!



8 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh Elena, you are just too much! This little set is adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a sweet set!! wish I could sew:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. If only I could sew... such a CUTE, cute, CUTE idea! Love those apples!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shut the front door!! Love the name of the gift ensemble, first off. And the fabulous stitching. I have to try that.... what's it called, satin stitching. It looks so great! And you made the bib too. AWESOME handmade gift! Love the Sewn from scratch bit... too funny! I have to make this set now. Thanks for the inspiration! You are on fire girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! Such a super awesome baby gift! I REALLY need to learn to sew... my mom is a seamstress/embrioder for crying out loud. Some of her sewing talent has to have been passed onto my somehow right?! The more of your sewing projects that I see, the more I want to learn! Beautiful job!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful little set! Your sister will LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're amazing. Period.

    Love it… love it all!!! :)

    ReplyDelete