Monday, October 15, 2012

CSS release day 6 {well preserved}


Another day of new Clear and Simple Stamps releases: get ready for some pretty mason jars!  They work oh-so-well with the perfect harvest line that was released yesterday.  I raided my friend's pantry to be able to show you how to pretty up your canning for gifting... and, in exchange for her loan, I've created a set of cards as a thank you.

The cards feature the "well preserved jars: large" stamp set, as well as the "fruit of the spirit" background set, fruit from "perfect harvest," and fruit labels from "perfect harvest sentiments."

I stamped the two sizes of large jars onto a white cardstock mat, and then created masks for each jar before stamping the "fruit of the spirit" background over-top.  I also used my distress tool to blend ink over the entire mat, before removing the jar masks.  I then stamped both the fruit outlines and the fillers (perfect for when you don't feel like coloring!) and also the fruit names.  I then die-cut and stamped the label that reads "from my heart to yours" and added some beautifully-homey gingham ribbon.  

With a bit of fabric, and a simple jar tag, these preserves would make sweet gifts for neighbors and friends.  The tags were die-cut from kraft cardstock, and stamped with the coordinating jar images.  I stamped the fruit names to indicate the jars' contents, and gave the coordinating images a coat of glossy accents to finish off... (in passing, there is a "pie filling" sentiment, but I goofed and used the wrong font for "apple."  I should have used the script-y "apple" and then finished off with the all-caps "pie filling," but in any case, I'm never one to shy away from making my projects look more homemade, so I think it all worked out...)

After that confession, I feel the need to distract you with another image:

mmmmm.....jarred pears...

hee.

Now click over and see what the other designers have "cooked up" to show you:



7 comments:

  1. What a good friend! I bet she'll be over the moon about the cards she can give with each jar. So sweet. You masking Queen you! Impressive. The jars are so darling with the craft jar tags.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the card set and those tags are just too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are amazing!! I thought my stuff was cute but yours.... your stuff is FAB-U-LOUS!! (Side note: You need a 12-step program for masking... you are addicted.) :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cuter than I could have imagined. Way to coordinate fabric colour to ink and be all over one of my fave colour palettes! woot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So adorable! I just love the little kraft jar tags and the glossy fruit just finishes things perfectly! So fun! :)

    ReplyDelete