Thursday, October 25, 2012

Papertrey Ink October Blog Hop



Are you surprised to see me here?  yeah, me too... it's been so long!

But, the challenge was to create holiday cards, and I have card classes going on in which we're making holiday cards, so....

I chose to be inspired by this color scheme:


(and, when I say "inspired by," I mean that I started out with aqua mist and smokey shadow inks, and a patterned paper that has soft stone stripes in it, but I couldn't find anything in my stash that looks like ocean tides... is that okay?)

 I went the non-coloring route with the house from "boards and beams."  I stamped it in a dark grey ink onto a piece of white cardstock, and then stamped the snow flurry (from lawn fawn's "let it snow") over-top in a watermark ink.  After sprinkling it with white embossing powder, and heat setting it, I rubbed a blue distress ink over the area, making it look like a little snow-globe-in-a-polaroid.

 The sentiment, from "home for the holidays," was stamped in grey onto the polaroid frame.  I added a little fishtail of silver glimmer paper for holiday sparkle, and some yarn for winter coziness.

I hope you like it!  Happy hopping!

37 comments:

  1. Love your polaroid-globe!! The little pop of sparkle is so sweet with the doilies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, Elena! I love the soft colours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what's not to like?! it's beautiful!! makes want to cozy up to a fireplace and read a book!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty! Love the snowglobe effect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You used a die for the polaroid frame, correct? Which company puts that die out? Your card is GORGEOUS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, Kathy! I sent you an email in case you won't check back here, but in case anyone else is wondering, it's a papertrey ink die!

      Delete
  6. Gorgeous Elena. I always love your attention to the details.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, Elena this is so beautiful and cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Beautiful colors and beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just beautiful. And, it is nice to see you in the PTI playground today.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE the snow flurry over the house image... Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a pretty card, Elena! I was expecting to see you at the number one spot this morning! What happened to you? You've gone soft:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Every detail a winner. Positively a gorgeous result.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can't believe you don't own Ocean Tides. You NEED it. Best colour *ever*.

    But, even though you didn't manage to put it on your card, I think you've drawn from the colour board PERFECTLY!! This is gorgeous, and I think inking around the snow flurries is the perfect touch. And the little silver flag completes the whole thing! Love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. your card is so pretty, so much detail yet looks trendy at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Elena, I love this card! So pretty. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh wow. This is awesome. Love your take on the challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. so beautiful!! i love the snow!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the snow is falling in front of the house, not just on the sides - beautiful design!

    ReplyDelete
  19. So lovely! This is a wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Soft and pretty -- love the 'falling snow' :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Simply beautiful card, Elena! I love the look of the house uncolored ... perfectly befitting your card!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great card! I think it looks great without the Ocean tides. That is one of my least favorite colors. Love the house in the Polaroid die and the embossed background too.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh, I love this! I adore Boards & Beams and this is such a sweet card. Adding that polaroid die to my wish list now...

    ReplyDelete
  24. So fun! The cozy look with the trendy Polaroid make this a great creation with the different color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Elena, this is gorgeous! I love that snow globe effect with the white embossing powder. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete