Friday, February 24, 2012

get well wishes.

One of my dearest friends went in for a surgery yesterday, and I sent this little card in the mail a few days ago to cheer her up.


I created a mask in the middle of my white mat, stamped a houndstooth pattern, and used an ink blending tool to smudge more ink around the mask.  I wanted to make sure that when I removed the masking paper, the outline of the label shape would be prominent.

The umbrella, from PTI's "scattered showers," is so cute in plaid!  I adhered it over some glittery clouds :)

The sentiment is a rub-on, and, really the only thing I'm not lovin' about this card.  I keep trying to use up my stash, but I really hate it when it gives that "double-vision-effect" - do you know what I mean?  Do rub-ons have an expiry date?  I had to run pretty hard to get this one to transfer, and it did something funky... grrr.... back to stamps for awhile!


Wishing you all a wonderful weekend!  I have an exciting one planned, and can't wait to share more on Monday!

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! Love those glittery clouds! Have a fabulous weekend, Elena! Can't wait to hear about it !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is amazing! I love the little heart in the cloud...what a neat idea! Your friend is so lucky to receive such a great card. Hope she is well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope your friend is doing well. Your card is really so sweet. The heart in the glittery cloud and the plaid umbrella are the best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the glittery clouds are my favorite! Such a pretty card. And I actually hate to us rubons. Sometimes they don't rub off or rub off all the way or look funky...ugh. Not a product that I love. :-)

    I hope your friends is recovering well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. such a sweet card Elena! I have a little award for you on my blog;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute! I love the soft masking you did and the adorable heart cut out in the cloud. Such a fun design!

    ReplyDelete