Tuesday, February 7, 2012

MIM #52: double-sided stamped die-cuts.

hi peeps!

I'm playing along with this week's MIM challenge - stamping on the reverse side of a die-cut, and folding it over to show the "other-side" stamping.


I used "in bloom" to stamp a border along the right side of the card, masking the leaves and blooms as I went along.  After I cut it out, I used a black marker to trace along the edge, to help it look more finished (sigh.  my markering skills look more than a little sloppy in the pictures, but more forgivable in real life.)

For the MIM technique, I stamped the same flower and leaves onto white paper, colored them, and cut them out (note to self: purchase dies.)  The leaf isn't symmetrical, but I made it work by only stamping part of the leaf on the backside, and only curling that small part of the paper.


Even though the border isn't perfectly cut out, I still like the look - I'll be trying this again!


Thanks for peeking!  And please, please, please come back tomorrow - it will be my 1 year blogiversary, and there will be a few giveaways! 

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful CAS card! You did a lovely job cutting out the flower without a die. Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, you need the dies!! Especially for all that masking. This card is just stunning. I love how you did the edge--it looks like a lot of work, but it is so worth it for the effect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, Elena! The edge is brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did an amazing job on this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card. Love the edging. Great job with the MIM challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The turned up leaf is perfection, I noticed the little detail right away.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow. This is so unique!! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so beautiful Elena, love the turned up corner of the leaf :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, the border is so striking! What a fun and unique card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the cut out border look, Elena! This is such a beautiful sentiment too!

    ReplyDelete