Sunday, February 5, 2012

PTI anniversary, day 1.

I don't usually post on Sundays, and I was even reasoning with myself that I have a lot on my creative plate - what with making all of the decor for my little sister's upcoming baby shower - so I might not be able to post much to the old blog this week.... pfffffft!

That was before I remembered it's:


And they started out their celebrations with the offer of a SWEET prize.  All you have to do is create a project inspired by one of their designer's favorite PTI creations and link it up *here.*

Being in the midst of creating all things baby girl-related, I couldn't help using Melissa's onesie card as my jumping-off point:


(and, as a bonus, her top 5 favorite PTI products).

Here's my take:


I just finished creating those fabric-wrapped-styrofoam-balls last night... perfect for a baby-shower centerpiece, don't you think?  And I love how the onesie card compliments it so well.  I might have to incorporate it all as our centerpiece...

I stamped the pink onesie base with a versamark-layer of "polka-dot basics II", and then the florals and dots from "harvest berries" over-top in fresh snow ink.

The stork is from "bundle of love," and I stamped him off to the side to make room for the grey-tissue-paper hearts.  I sewed a stack of them in place with my sewing machine, so that I could fluff them up a bit.  A pop of whimsical texture...


The sentiment, from "baby button bits," was curved to fit around the oval shape.

Hope you like it!  I guess you'll be seeing alot of PTI on the blog this week ;)

25 comments:

  1. Wow how awesome is this card? Way too adorable! Great idea to stamp with Polka Dot in versamark first then the Harvest Berries over with Fresh Snow. Gives a lot of depth to the pattern. Will definitely give this a try someday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great background stamping and I love your tissue paper hearts - a gorgeous onesie card

    ReplyDelete
  3. So stinkin cute. Love this. Hope your efforts pay off.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love that onsie die and your take on it is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your take on Melissa's card. The Harvest Berries are perfect for a background stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are right, our interpretations of Melissa's card are so different. I really love yours. The Harvest Berries background and how you've only used the top portion of the stork is brilliant! Now I'm drooling over yours :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. "Sweet as can be" is right! Adorable card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful Baby card! Love your take on Melissa's card!
    Have a nice week, hugs, Karin

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a precious card! I love the background stamping1

    ReplyDelete
  10. So beautiful, great take on Melissa's card too! I have pinned this one and plan to case it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an adorable card. Love the layers of stamping on the onsie. The heart is super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Adorable!
    Love the pink and grey...
    and the photography is awesome!
    I have some of those tins...
    stocked up at the $1 spot at Target last year and now can't bare to part with them so I hoard them :(
    And love those fabric balls...
    so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love it! The layering of the polka dots and the harvest berries is so beautiful! And that oval stacker is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Breathtaking GORGEOUS Elena!

    Thank you ~

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh My Goodness this is beautiful! I love how you made this your own. Its so beautiful! All of it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous! I love the background "fabric"!

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's PERFECT. I love everything about this! The way you stamped the background, the little label... and you photographed it perfectly!! Those balls are adorable - I see you ARE in baby mode! *wink*

    ReplyDelete
  18. K, I just browsed your blog a bit because the "You might also like..." pointed me in the direction of your ballerina party. I left a comment on your wreaths, but I suspect you may never see it... everything you did was AMAZING!!! I am planning a ballerina party for my daughter's 4th birthday in August... it will be family mainly, and likely the only kids there will be my own - but I LOVE your idea of having a real ballerina there!! Emma would *love* that, but I don't think it's really the right thing this year - I sort of wish she wanted this party when she was older, because there are so many cute ideas for a group of little girls. I love everything you shared, it was beautiful!!

    Your blog is lovely... I can't wait to spend more time browsing when I have a minute to relax with the computer!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you are so kind! I love party planning for my kids! Wait until your daughter is a bit older, and you'll be inviting a *real* princess to one of her parties :) hee hee!

      Delete
  19. This is such a wonderful card. And, it would be perfect as a centerpiece, so more people could see it. You did such a nice job with all the details on the card, and then your photography and set up are really great, too.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such sweet card. I love that little heart.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Stunning! I love the Harvest Berrie leaves stamped in white--I'm going to try that!

    ReplyDelete