Monday, February 13, 2012

PTI anniversary, day 9 + MIM

Butterflies and botanicals.

Such an easy pairing.

I added this week's MIM technique into the mix for some extra fun....


I cut a mat stack 5 shape, using the technique demonstrated by Jennifer, mixed some drops of a re-inker and some shimmer spray and applied it to the coaster using a brayer.  I then stamped the woodgrain pattern overtop.  It really looks more "woodsy" using this technique!


I then die-cut 3 butterflies and stamped both sides with the butterfly image (from "happy trails".)  I folded 2 butterflies and adhered them to look like they are in flight - love it!


The card-base was stamped with images from "harvest berries," and I die-cut the largest set of leaves, leaving them overhanging at the top.  (TIP: I cut the card base slightly skinnier than a regular A2 card size, to accommodate the leaves for easy mailing!)

Thanks for looking!

11 comments:

  1. This is fabulous, Elena! I love all the techniques your combined!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! I love the subtle colors and the off-center placement of the harvest berries sprig.

    ReplyDelete
  3. perfect for both challenges! so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job with the MIM technique! Love those butterflies!

    And yes, I did use tulle to string my banner together. I wanted to try something other than ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just lovely Elena. The butterflies really look as if they are flying.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea to use today's MIM challenge. This is such a pretty card. I love how you did the butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very, very cool!! I like the way you combined the two challenges together!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so beautiful!, and what a great take on the challenges ! Love it!
    Have a wonderful Valentine's Day, hugs, Karin

    ReplyDelete
  9. Simply gorgeous! I love the woodgrain mat, the colors of the Harvest Berries, and how the die hangs off the page, and the way the butterflies are "flying." Great use of that MIM technique :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome!! Love the double sided stamped butterflies "in flight" and your woodgrain patterned coaster mat!! I too, went with a woodgrain look, and I LOVE it! Awesome job with the challenge - NAILED it! :)

    ReplyDelete