Saturday, April 13, 2013

Aqua & Cherries {Clear and Simple Stamps Party Hop}

Cherry birthday party

Welcome to another CSS party hop!  It's no secret that I love throwing parties, even mini ones *grin*  I'm going to do less talking and more showing with this set.

Cherry birthday party

I styled a bright and cheerful cherry-themed party.  It all started with that aqua and red polka dotted length of fabric.  I found it in my stash and decided that stripes in those same colors would compliment the polkas perfectly.

Cherry birthday party

Every party needs a matching drink, right?  Ha.  I love the tiny tags, with their little aqua leaf each.  I tied them around the bottles of cherry punch and added more aqua and red with my striped straws.

Cherry birthday party

There are so many party hat templates available online.  I downloaded one and cut it out of white cardstock, and then used the long stripe images to fill the entire hat.  I love party hats.  As soon as you see one, you know there's gonna be a part-ay.  I dressed up the front with the same cherry image as my drink tag, and used a part of the cupcake stand die to mat my white circle.  I'm-a-gonna curtsy for that one.  hee.

Cherry birthday party

I know favors usually go at the end of a party post, but the topper is designed the same way as the party hat.  I'd like to point out that absolutely no gummy cherries were eaten in the making of this party.  It was all for show, and then thrown out.  You don't know how proud I am to say that I resisted the sour gummy goodness (badness, I know, but they are my kryptonite...)

The pie, on the other hand...

Cherry birthday party

You can't let a homemade cherry pie go to waste!  It was delicious.  I created a simple banner for the top of the pie and a little label to identify it.  Everything is cuter when it's labeled...

Cherry birthday party

Oh, and these?  These nice, big, aqua and red-shadowed letters?  Yeah, my lips are sealed... but you'll find out more about these dies in just a few more days...


Cherry birthday party

On either side of the banner, I hung up a fun flower.  Do you remember *this post* where I shared that I created the flower using heart dies?  Same flower.  I'm just teasing you now.  The tutorial will come very soon.  

I hope you liked my party!  Now, party-hop your way over to these fun blogs:


14 comments:

  1. Um... you KNOW how much I love Cherries, right?! And you KNOW that I *adore* Red, White and Aqua together right?

    You're so sweet to throw me a party! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could never resist sour gummies, or your parties. Love the colors and that big bloom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love everything! Such willpower! I am trying to do the same with eating less of the foods that are my weakness. Love that bloom!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so cute! i want you to throw my birthday party:)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are Amazing Elena! And now I want to move to Canada so I can hire you to do Ted's parties!!! I don't know how you all manage to stay so fit with all those goodies around the house - I'd be an elephant in no time (-;

    ReplyDelete
  6. Read what you'd written about those gummies after I posted my comment - ah well, why do I never do things in the right order??? - Always spell check after I post too...

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beyond cute, love every little detail!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, this looks so fabulous! And that flower is gorgeous! I can't wait to see your tutorial so I can make one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow I love it all, Can I invite myself to that party?? LOL kidding wish I was there. Super Job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. As usual, just astounding Elena!! You don't ever scrimp on any detail and this is what I love so much about your party posts. I come away feeling like I've been there, and returned home on a crafty high!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great ensemble Elena! Love the cherries and loving those gorgeous flowers on the banner!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your parties always look so yummy... Food and craft-wise :0)
    Love the colour combo and all those sweet details.
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  13. How sweet!! I love the little banner you made for the pie. I mean, come on- even the pie is festive! LOL

    ReplyDelete