Monday, April 15, 2013

woven & wild {lawn fawn inspiration week}

woven & wild

I love lawn fawn inspiration week!  Today, we're highlighting "critters on the savanna" and I thought I'd do a softer take on the set.

woven & wild

I cut strips of off-white cardstock, sponged all of the edges, and wove them onto an aqua-colored-cardstock-mat.  I left gaps so that the aqua would show through.  I then roughed up the edges for an added textural element.

woven & wild

Some aqua-colored grass and a colored-to-match giraffe still bring on the wild... but I think I just made my giraffe blush.  yeah I did.

I hope you like my softer take on this fun set!

14 comments:

  1. I LOVE this card - the colors are awesome - and your design is out of this world. What a fantastic card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in love with this card Elena! I'm trying out Lawn Fawn stamps for the first time because I've been so inspired by your cards!!! :) If I weren't on vacation right now I would have gotten some already! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! LOVE that woven (and stitched!) background!! so soft and pretty and wonderful!!! what a wonderful way to show the softer side of the savanna! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The weaving is great! I love how it lets in just a peep of the color underneath.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a GREAT background Elena, fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That woven background looks amazing Elena! Love this card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is wonderful. The woven background and the aqua giraffe are so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that woven background. Great job on the card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The woven background is such a fresh idea... love it :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing!! Love the weaving!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is awesome! I really love the non-standard giraffe colours and the woven stripes are such a great design element! Love the grass too!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That background is amazing! And it looks a bit time consuming.. but it worths it! Super pretty card!

    ReplyDelete