Saturday, April 27, 2013

nautical dad {saturday creations post}

Party update: It's 5am here, and whisper quiet.  In a few hours, a gaggle of girls will be here to celebrate Sofia's 8th birthday... I may be taking a few instagram pictures of the day, if you want to check them out.  But, I won't be able to share too much or post to the blog for at least a few weeks: I crafted the party using brand new CSS stamps and dies!  I can't wait for our upcoming May release - it's all so cute!  I am on pins and needles to show off Sofia's spa party with you!

For now, though, I can definitely share this one with you - another Saturday Creations post with Precious Remembrance:

nautical dad

I thought it would be fun to take some of the images from the mom & dad set and do something a little different with them.


I stamped the border onto a sheet of blue cardstock, cut it apart into strips, and then adhered them under the boat.

nautical dad

The ship is from an adorable little set by "my cute stamps" - ahoy.  (Full disclosure:  when paper smooches came out with their "wicked nauticool" set, I was itching to have it.  It's adorable.  Then, there was this flash of remembering that I already have my own nautical set.... that I've probably only used once... that (in my opinion) has a cuter sailboat.  sigh.  Do you ever do that?  I obviously have too.many.stamps.)

I stamped the sails onto white cardstock, filled them with a text background, and cut them out.  The base of the boat was stamped onto red carstock in the same light ink.  I wanted to cut it out without showing off the stamp outline at all.

nautical dad

The clouds were stamped onto pieces of masking paper and then just placed onto the card-front as masks.  I blended inks for the sky before sewing my boat into place.

I hope you like my nautical dad card, and get inspired to look at your own stamp sets a little differently!

8 comments:

  1. Cute card, Elena. Looking forward to seeing all the goodies you made for you DD spa party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute, love how you highlighted that one border stamp, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you created your waves and the stormy sky is so unique! Such a great masculine card!

    Happy birthday to Sofia! Enjoy your day :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card, Elena! I love everything about it-- especially the stitching!
    Enjoy Sofia's birthday-- I can't wait to see what you created for it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. adorable card!! i bet you're pooped after all that partying!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love love love this card!! Perfect ink blended sky, such a fun cute sailing boat, and I love the clever waves too! Such awesomeness!!!

    ReplyDelete