Friday, April 26, 2013

my world is brighter... {mama elephant guest designer}

I'm thrilled to be able to show off the cards I made using Mama Elephant's "bling" set.

First up, I had to use my fave gal with this sentiment - they are such a perfect match:

my world is brighter

I layered some patterned papers and tried my best to fussy-cut around her for a fun focal banner.  Coloring in the dots of the word "brighter" is a great way to accent it!

my world is brighter

Next up, a much softer take on the set:

wish you were here

I used some of the same notebook-style patterned paper on the left, and brought in a frame  and added some twinkle in the night sky.  I added a luggage tag behind the frame - it doesn't move or anything (although that would be cool) but I think it still adds to that "wish you were here" feeling.

wish you were here

I colored in only the lights in the building where I pointed the speech bubble.

wish you were here


I hope you like my ME projects today - thanks for stopping by!

11 comments:

  1. Great cards and layouts!
    Bye from the rainy Netherlands,

    Marjolein

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are wonderful Elena! The first one is so cute, but that second one is my fave. Love the soft stamping, and that you layered the image/frame on a tag, very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love them both! But that second one made me go pitter patter, something about the soft translucency of it.. so beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! Love them both but I agree, that second one has something special... That soft stamping feels almost like vellum, it's totally gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so amazing. So amazing that I really wish I didn't have to guest design ME in the same month as you! I love how soft and feminine both cards turned out to me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What fun cards Elena! The little gal on the first one is so cute. But your second is my fave, love the soft cityscape!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love your little cityscape!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous cards, Elena! I love how you added the little Virgo to the first card! And you second card with the skyline is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are both so fab!! Love how you used the Virgo girl holding a star...matches that sentiment perfectly! And totally loving your cityscape on the second one!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your cards are simply awesome! I love it totally. I can imagine anyone receiving it will surely have a great smile in the face. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You totally rocked your Guest Spot - just as I knew you would!! Both are awesome cards but that luggage tag one completely steals my heart with the soft colours, tag and cityscape and wooden stars!! Love!!

    ReplyDelete