Tuesday, April 30, 2013

sweet dreams {my CSS faves!}

Sweet dreams {CSS faves}

The entire CSS design team is showing off projects made with our favorite CSS products.  Sweet dreams is the set that made me fall in love with CSS stamps.  I couldn't help but mix it up with my favorite dies for a little baby ensemble.


It was so hard to narrow down my fave CSS products!  But here's what I came up with:

Sweet dreams {CSS faves}

The favor flags were stamped with the nursery rhyme text border, and I gave the card-base a stripey look.  

Sweet dreams {CSS faves}

For the main image, I die-cut the label die (also tracing around the die and hand-cutting a brown mat for it) and stamped the sleepy moon image onto the label.  I love a book-wormy-moon.  I paper-pieced the images (I love the soft texture that you can get with monochromatic papers), and added some fun glitter touches to the moon.  I don't think you can tell in the pictures, but I added a foam square to the middle of the label, and then firmly glued the outline of the label to the card base.  It gives a bit of texture and dimension without having it stand out too much!

Sweet dreams {CSS faves}

Ever since CSS came out with their envelopes and matching liner die, I don't think a card is complete with a matching envie.  I stamped the liner with the nursery rhymes, and then stamped the moon in a very soft brown ink directly over-top.  Look, ma - no masking.  ha.  I very carefully dabbed some copic color into the moon image, being careful not to smudge the (non-memento) brown ink in the process.

Sweet dreams {CSS faves}

What's a baby card without a baby gift?  I whipped up a little gift box using my favorite CSS favor die - and that's saying a lot, since CSS carries so many different options!  I stamped the box in the same stripes as the card, and included a matching favor flag.

Sweet dreams {CSS faves}

I paper-pieced the cow-jumping-over-the-moon.  Isn't he the cutest?  (designer tip: adding a tiny bit of copic coloring is a fun way to dress up your patterned paper...)

I hope you like my baby-themed CSS faves!

The rest of the DT is showing off as well:  

14 comments:

  1. They look absolutely fab!!
    Bye from the Netherlands,

    Marjolein

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely baby ensemble! I love the soft tones and the tips along the way. I can't get enough of that little jumping cow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet! I love how you stamped the striped in a woven manner/perpendicular. The veneers and the twine are the perfect soft additions!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love the earthy feel this has to it! So very sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love this ensemble! Every time you use this stamp set, it moves higher and higher up the wishlist. Those little wooden stars are the perfect finishing touch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Elena these are simply precious!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is really cute! I love the sweetly stamped banners!

    ReplyDelete
  8. adorable set! i especially love the stamped envelope liner!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, these are super sweet, Elena! I especially love how you stamped on the box-- such a great pattern! Now I'm sorry I sold my stripes stamps set....

    ReplyDelete
  10. So adorable! I have been looking for the perfect cow jumping over the moon stamp and this might be it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. *Happy sigh* This is all kinds of perfect Elena. You make the best ensembles. I am totally in love with this and now love this set as well!!

    ReplyDelete