Thursday, September 5, 2013

Bootastic, 2 ways {mama elephant stamps}

I'm so happy that I stamped and crafted a ton before Sofia went into her surgery.  It helped to calm my pre-op jitters, and even though I'm too exhausted to craft anything right now, I still have things to show you. Win-win.

You know me & cute images, so I obviously had to snap up the new Mama Elephant set, "bootastic."  I made a few cards, just for fun:

all tricks, no treats!

I selectively inked the greeting, so I could stretch out the joke a little more... you have to be looking for that "just kidding" at the bottom!  And I used the solid stripe from "message bands" to create the background.

all tricks, no treats!

The images are adorable. especially the mummy. but I can't help thinking they all look stunned, like they were all making spooky noises with the light off and then someone's mom came and flicked it on. how embarrassing.

I went somewhere different for the next card:

for the little princess...


Before I chatter about the card, I would just like to point out that these cards were photographed one right after the other. (same location, same lighting.) The choice of background made a huge difference!  I'm not usually a fan of red or orange backgrounds, but for halloween I'll pretend that it works.  I much prefer the cool, blue backdrop.

I used lawn fawn's new journaling card die, and a sentiment from "critters ever after."  They work perfectly with this little princess.

for the little princess...

I masked the edges of the journaling card die and the cloud border to be able to sponge a blue sky behind our girl.  A few touches of gold glitter and some rosy cheeks and she's positively regal. hee.

Until next time!

♥.

7 comments:

  1. Two kinds of adorable, love it! Your description of the stunned little faces really made me giggle too - I hadn't thought of it like that before! As usual love your colouring and sponging of soft colours. Really makes everything come alive.

    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally cute! I love your coloring and the little scenes you create! I too think it's hilarious that you scared those bootastic guys who were messing around in a darkened room!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab cards that are super duper cute! Your mojo must have been ticking pre-op!
    Big fan of your photography too - whatever the background colour! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two sweet cards but your first one with those adorable little trick or treater's is just so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So, so darling!! It's Official - you have a new Follower!

    ReplyDelete